Due to our children with severe nut allergies, we ask that you make sure to use a clean bowl and utensils and that you do not use peanut oil! Thank-you in advance for helping keep our children safe!
We need your support in making playdough this year. Making playdough is a fun and easy cooking project that you can do with your child at home. S/he will be so proud to bring in his/her playdough to present to the teacher and class. Let your child help you with measuring, pouring, mixing. This activity will give your child the opportunity to use his/her math and science skills and will give you the opportunity to teach him/her about safety around hot liquids.
Please sign up with your child’s teacher(s)!!
|5 cups of flour||6 tablespoons vegetable oil*|
|1 cup salt||2 Tablespoons Alum|
|4 cups boiling water||4 small packages unsweetened Kool-Aid (red and green work best)|
- Mix together flour, salt and Alum.
- Add Kool-Aid and oil to water. Stir until dissolved.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- Knead until cool. Add more flour as needed.
- Store in covered container or ziplock bag.
* Do not use peanut oil due to peanut allergies.