March proved to be a very exciting month at Little Ones. The month was devoted to Community Helpers. We enjoyed visits from a dentist, a vet, a doctor, a shoe salesperson and an artist. The children had the opportunity to learn about taking care of their bodies and their teeth, taking care of and being safe around animals, how feet are measured and shoes are fit and all about what it means to be an artist.
April will be full of more wonderful activities. We will be moving on to our units of spring, earth day and recycling. We will also be incorporating real caterpillars into the classroom in order for the children to experience their change into butterflies. We will culminate that unit with the classes releasing the butterflies in the playground so that they can be free. Also NAEYC’s Week of the Young Child is the week of April 10th, and what better way to celebrate our children through all of the wonderful activities that we do each and every day at Little Ones.
We are looking forward to a great month! Love, Sheree
- Parent Teacher Conferences are April 13th and 14th in the late afternoon and evening. Watch your email for sign-up information.
- Family Pool and Pizza Party is scheduled for Sunday, April 17 from 4:45-6:30 at the Wheeling Park District.
- Scholastic Book Orders are due Monday, April 18th.
- A special thank-you to Randy Barr for becoming the Dentist and teaching the children about good dental health.
- A special thank-you to Dr. David Cohen for coming in to talk to about being a vet and how to take care of animals.
- A special thank-you to Pam Tokowitz for coming in and talking about being an artist.
- A special thank-you to Mike Lester for coming in and talking about being a doctor.
- A special thank-you to Aric Shlifka for coming in and talking to the kids about how feet are measured and how shoes are fit.